“Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Faith is a gift from God. We cannot on our own form a relationship with God. But, having received the gift of faith, we are responsible for its nurture, to shape our faith and form it within our lives.
Faith formation focuses on deepening the initial conversion to faith; it focuses on creating disciples of Jesus Christ. It is a process by which our faith grows, and our lives are shaped by God’s love. According to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), catechesis or faith formation has six goals:
- Faith formation promotes knowledge of the faith.
- Faith formation promotes a knowledge of the meaning of the liturgy and the sacraments.
- Faith formation promotes moral formation in Jesus Christ.
- Faith formation teaches the Christian how to pray with Christ.
- Faith formation prepares the Christian to live in community and to participate actively in the life and mission of the Church.
- Faith formation promotes a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society.
Each of us is on a life-long journey of faith. At St. Ann Parish there are many opportunities for you and your family to know your faith better, to live it more fully, and to express it within the many communities in which we take part.
Click below to view the latest Faith Formation Newsletter